Monday 12 November 2012

2 Egg Problem: Google Interview Puzzle

  Adjust the font size     Reset ↕


My intention here is not to trouble Google interviewers. I was just collecting some classic puzzles and found this one and a small Google search showed me that this is a Google interview puzzle to my pleasant surprise. But many of the answers I found were either wrong or totally twisted. I am making no surety of the answer I give and I am open to your remarks or suggestion or corrections.


Question:
The Standard Problem in simple writing goes like this:
* You are given 2 eggs.
* You have access to a 100-storey building.
* Eggs can be very hard or very fragile means it may break if dropped from the first floor or may not even break if dropped from 100 th floor.Both eggs are identical.
* You need to figure out the highest floor of a 100-storey building an egg can be dropped without breaking.
* Now the question is how many drops you need to make. You are allowed to break 2 eggs in the process


If you are one of the people who likes to solve a puzzle before seeing the answer you must quit the blog now and come back later for checking the answer.
Now that this is a Google interview question I am taking the normal "Interview-Style" of solving a problem. Simply saying thinking aloud through the solution from worst to the best correcting the flows optimizing the solution or taking the 5-minute hard thinking acting pause to a problem, which you know already and just want to make your interviewer think that you are a challenge lover.

Solution:
CLICK HERE
 POST YOUR OPINION IF YOU HAVE BETTER SOLUTION

1 comment

Click Here To add Comment

Your feedback is always appreciated.
I will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.
Please do not spam Spam comments will be deleted immediately upon our review.

Blogger Widgets

Recent comments

Send Quick Massage

Name

Email *

Message *

Recent posts

Total Pageviews

Blog Archive